I want this koalas life
Me on Mission Beach.
Shannon and Sarah, from Hawaii. Great night!!!
Day 5 in Cairns. I love this city!! It's a little humid, and hot, but it has been super fun. I'm living at a hostel that feels like a home apartment building. Pool in the middle, TV room, Kitchen, 4 bed room with your own bathroom, fridge, counter and AC. And for 19 dollars a night, which is cheap in Australia. Aaaamazing.
So I have been just relaxing waiting for my diving instructor to email some referal forms to the Cairns Dive Centre so that I can finish my Open Dive Certification and do an advanced course. Then I plan on going on a diving trip, either on a liveaboard boat for a week doing dives, or with some scientists that let you help them in their field work. Depends on the cost and such I guess. I've been chillin' in Cairns, slowing down the touring and upping the partying. The second night I was in town I met a couple of American girls from Hawaii, we hit it off immediately as they are hilarious and reminded me of Claire and Kira. We drank and went partying, where I saw some guys that I did the Fraser Island tour with. Didn't get home until 5am. Then we went out the next night...Cairns is a great city. There's a giant lagoon where everyone goes when it's hot out. I spent a bit too much time there yesterday and came out a little red hahaha. Though got to hang out with the Swiss guys I keep seeing everywhere I go which was nice!
So I am going to do my scuba diving hopefully tomorrow, I have to go talk to the guys and see if steve sent the email. And if it is good enough for a referal. If not I'll just start all over again, just means a couple days of pool time and more diving on the reef...and more money I guess!!
Claire and Kira left and are on their way up here as Claire said. We will be reuniting soon, doing some adventures up here in Northern Queensland and heading over to New Zealand! Woop!
LOVE KAT!
2 comments:
Great photos!!! Great Tan!! I know that deep down you are missing the -40C weather of Northern Ontario!!
Dad JM
Happy and tanned. Love the Koala pics.
Mom
Post a Comment