Hello from TOWNSVILLE, QLD.
I have had the most amazing couple weeks. I've movedu p the coast to townsville, which is very boring and lame. But I am going to Magnetic Island tomorrow staying at a campsite in a koala sanctuary. I just got here from Airlie beach, amazing place. Did a 2 day 2 night Maxi sailboat tour of the Whitsundays. It rained the entire time except for 20 minutes. I am waiting to get pictures from a guy that has a waterproof camera. It was literally flooding the entire time so I couldn't really take out the pentax camera. I haver a few pictures, I have yet to find an internet cafe that is fast enough. There will be some soon. Basically we sailed the ocean, saw pods of dolphins and went snorkelling on the great barrier reef. I saw glow in the dark squid at night as we drank some beer/goon at the back of the sail boat. Then a dolphin came and fed on the squid right off the back of the boat at about 11pm. Amazing! We also saw a shark. Earlier a guy had fell off the back of the boat due to intoxication, luckily no sharks at that point. We had really good food and got to sleep on the boat. I met a lot of awesome people. A group from Ireland were especially hilarious with a new friend name Carmel. We went out in Airle Beach the night we got back on land and had a great night out at the pub. We met some Australians and continued to party throughout the night. I met up with a couple of Swiss travellers that we had met in Surfer's Paradise and kept partying at another bar. Then spent the next day at the Lagoon, which is a pool right at the edge of the ocean. You can't swim because it is jellyfish season, unless you wear a stinger suit which we did on the tour when we went snorkelling. So everyone just chills in a giant pool at the edge of the ocean. It's really nice and looks pretty real. Apparenlty there is a similar pool in Cairns too. So I got on a bus today and headed to Townsville. It is a pretty boring town, especially on a Sunday. I will take the ferry tomorrow to the island and maybe go on a tour or just go hiking on some sweet trails. The two Swiss travellers are coming to MAgnetic island in the next couple days so I might run into them again!
Talk soon.
love KAT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment